Thank you to all of the patrons, sponsors & volunteers for National Night Out!
Fall in the Wall - Sept 24th Saturday, 2-6pm
General Membership Meeting - Sept 27th, 7pm
~upstairs room at Ordinary Joe's located on Commercial Avenue.
Fountain Park Update!
As you all know, we have been diligently working to raise money for upgrades to the fountain park.
We are thrilled to report that Phase One has been approved for purchase.
Phase One (2013/2014) includes:
* the removal of broken or damaged equipment.
* the purchase of new equipment for two reasons - 1. to replace the old and 2. to create a new 2-5 year old area.
* the swings will be removed and new ones will be placed in the back of the 5-12 year old structure. This is two-fold 1. the old swings are damaged. 2. the old swings do not have the legal fall zone. They are currently acceptable due to the "grand fathered in" concept.
* the old swing area will become a new 2-5 year old play area.
* the red slides and the yellow tube will be repurposed in the new 2-5 area.
* the old 2-5 year old play area will remain with fewer items until a handicapped accessible ramp is installed (we are waiting to get approval for this).
* rejuvenation of the pavilion area - repainting, repairing, revitalizing.
* additional mulching of "fall zones" to become complaint with current laws governing playgrounds.
* purchase of a shade structure for the new 2-5 year old play area.
* purchase of a "message board" to continue to inform residents and play folks that we will continue to upgrade the park as we raise the money - as well as inform people of rental options for the fountain park.
* plantings around the new areas
Cost - approximately $10,000.
All funds are raised for the approximate cost of this part of the project.
Phase Two (2014/2015) includes:
* Handicapped accessibility ramp completion
* Repurposing of the current, higher 2-5 year old play area. Reviewing current equipment and possible replacing of current equipment as funds see fit.
* Any loose ends from Phase One.
Phase Three (2014/2015) includes:
* replacing the 5-12 year old structure.
* any loose ends from Phase Two.
Aspinwall Riverfront Park
Announcements and Alerts
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 24. View more »